Paediatric First Aid Training
Our Paediatric First Aid Training is a 2-day course LEVEL 3, that will provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage emergency situations commonly experienced by those who work in environments with young children, such as nurseries, nannies, babysitters in private homes, pre-and after-school clubs and crèches, agencies etc.
Our Paediatric First Aid Training course, which is compliant with the OFSTED Early Years requirements, is invaluable for all childcare workers. It will also be excellent training for those who are working to gain an Early Years educator qualification. All trainers are fully qualified.
Course Price: £119+vat
This is a two day course. Day One day in the classroom (9.30am-4.30pm)
Day 2 online at your own pace
The course starts most weekdays
You will learn:
About the role of a Paediatric First Aider and its responsibilities
How to safely assess emergency situations
How to provide first aid to young children (age range 0-5)
Learn to provide first aid to young children in the following situations
- when a child is unresponsive but is breathing normally, including infant and child resuscitation.
- when a child is both unresponsive and not breathing normally.
- when a child has an airway obstruction caused by a foreign body.
- when a child is bleeding externally.
- when a child has bone, joint and/or muscle injuries.
Learn to manage situations like:
- febrile convulsions
- asthmatic attacks
- allergic reactions
- emergences relating to diabetes
- sickle cell crisis
- has sustained minor injuries (cuts and grazes, bruises, bumps, minor splinters, nosebleeds).
- has any condition that affects the eyes, nose and ears.
- is suffering from shock
- has been bitten or stung
- has been burnt or scalded
- has consumed a poisonous substance
- has anaphylaxis
- has received an electric shock
- has received a head and/or spinal injury
- who is suffering from the effects of extreme cold and heat
You will also learn how to keep and maintain full and accurate records of injuries, illnesses and emergencies experienced by children in your care.
Who would benefit from taking the course?
People working in nurseries, nannies, babysitters in private homes, pre-and after-school clubs and crèches,
People working on their early years educator qualification.